Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Alien Cats, Laser Eyes

The Flyer and I often indulge in night walks around the estate to look at the cats. This is something we both look forward to with great pleasure because it really feels like visiting old friends.
On every walk, I have my trusty camera with me. But night photography is challenging, and doubly so with felines who are nocturnal and become even fussier at night.
I prefer not to lug my tripod around with me on our night walks. So that means having to use flash when photographing the cats. With flash, you get those dreaded red-eye effect.
But, as much as peope hate it, that effect amuses me still.
This is one of my favourite shots of the 'alien cat' effect. This one was taken by The Flyer.

It also looks pretty cool when the each eye reflects different colours.

Now... watch this blackie carefully as he readies himsef...

... To shoot the death ray out of his right eye!

~5-Cat Style

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.