A very happy 2011 to all of you! We have been away from the blogosphere for far too long and have sorely missed interacting with our feline friends and their humans. Our last entry on this blog was 3 years ago in Dec 2007. So much has happened since. Where do we begin?
In a fur-covered nutshell...
* 2008 saw 5-Cat Style chase her dreams of becoming a (late-blooming) veterinarian and The Flyer take on her 1st year of Masters in clinical psych.
* During this time, all blogging activities were forced to an unexpected standstill due to a very slow and hiccuppy dial-up being 5-Cat Style's only means of connecting to the internet and The Flyer being buried under heaps of work (boo!).
* Alas! 5-Cat Style's vet dream was foiled by Physics. Failing to possess even one Mathematical brain cell proved to be her downfall. She was unable to calculate the eliptical paths of planetary orbits and the varying speeds at which blood cells traffic through arteries, veins and capillaries. Meanwhile, The Flyer panicked through her internship but managed to master the poker-face, a skill essential to all psychologists.
* 2009 and 2010 were dark years for 5-Cat Style as she struggled to accept the death of her vet dream. However, a great light did shine through.
* In Nov 2008, a naughty little thing came charging into 5-Cat Style's life. Enter Slash! He was an abandoned and sickly kitten who has grown into a beautiful and dearly loved member of the family. Two months later, Bronzy followed suit and stole all our hearts with her quirkiness. These two darlings lit up what would have otherwise been very dim years for 5-Cat Style. Sadly, The Flyer was still living solo fur-wise, and could often be found rocking in a foetal position in dark corners.
* It was during this time that 5-Cat Style ventured into solo blogging, under the name MacVet, to introduce Slash and Bronzy to the blogosphere. The Flyer, meanwhile, was unable to surface for air underneath all the rubble that was her research work.
* 5-Cat Style maintained the solo blog throughout 2009 with lots of news on Slash and Bronzy. The Flyer remained M.I.A. in blog land, but forged friendships with various species of spiders that were congregating in her room... just like Hagrid.
* 2010 saw The Flyer embark on a new research area and 5-Cat Style elected to specialise in animal behaviour and welfare. The year proved to be quite the roller-coaster on the professional and personal fronts for us both and blogging got forced into the backseat on this ride.
* In the last days of 2010, 5-Cat Style decided sadly that she no longer deserved the nickname MacVet, seeing how she failed to get into vet science, and wailed to The Flyer about how much she missed blogging. With great gusto, The Flyer proposed relaunching the old blog together.
* 2011 was embraced in a most sentimental way. We resolved to blog again and this time, to plant it firmly in the foreground of our busy lives with Slash and Bronzy purring in its limelight.
In other words, we are most happy to be back blogging! Cheers to 2011!
~ 5-Cat Style & The Flyer