Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Prawn Protests Against Photos

Remember how much Bronzy loves being belly-up?

That's what earned her the nickname Bron the Prawn.
Because she sleeps on her back while curled up like a prawn.

I love seeing her all prawnish.
It's cute.
But it also makes 2 things very difficult to do.

The 1st is carrying her comfortably.
It always feels awkward.
Because the moment you lift her,
she curls up.

And this leads to the 2nd thing.
Being photographed with Bronzy in my arms is impossible.
Well, okay... It's not impossible.
But it does take a long time and hundreds of attempts
to uncurl her and get that one decent shot.

Here's a compressed version of what photo-taking is like
for my little furry prawn:

Mommy, do I have to be carried for this?

No, no! I have to stay curled. Don't force me to straighten up.

Okay, I think I've fractured my lumbar.

Too much face scrunching. You've spoilt it!

*600 photos later*

This is good enough, Mommy.

NOW LET ME GO!

~5-Cat Style

13 comments:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Cutest prawn EVER!!

Sparkle said...

Bronzy, I am even MORE difficult to photograph with my human than you are! Can you believe it?

Marg said...

Bronzy, those are some really good pictures of you even though you objected every inch of the way. You are just as cute as you can be. Take care.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You are very cute Bronzy! That was a lot of work, you had better take a nap!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Bron the Prawn,
Keep on prawn-ing, mate. I like your style. purrr....meow!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Bronzy, you are totally adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Luscious Lucy said...

How could anyone not want a prawn of their own after seeing you! Ohhhh, you can curl over here anytime you want, Bronzy. I could make a little bed of rice, and .... wait, that's a different kind of prawn; I got off track, sorry. Bronzy, King of Prawness, the newest territory ruled by cats and hidden away in a secret location.
I think I've had too much nip today.
xoxoxo

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

Aww, adorable! I love when kitties go belly-up!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Bronzy YOU are so adorable.

purrin
xoxox

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We totally unnerstand the "600" photoes. Thank goodness for digital cameras!

Good pictures of "The Prawn"

A few Good Cats said...

Bronzy, you have to understand that, even under ordinary circumstances, humans are smitten with cute creatures like you. Curl up like a prawn and they go all gaga!

Anonymous said...

She is very very adorable!

Clooney said...

Those are great photos and the "prawn" is so unbelievably cute!